Properties of chlorine gas
Chlorine gas is a greenish yellow gas with a strong odor, (odor of bleach). In industrial chlorine gas is generated by a number of chemical plants such as detergent plants, detergents. When burning coal, paper, plastic and some hard fuels, chlorine and HCL are also produced.
Harmful effects of chlorine gas on human health
- Chlorine stimulates the respiratory system, especially in children and the elderly. In the gaseous state, it stimulates the mucous membranes and when in liquid form it burns the skin. Only a small amount (about 3.5 ppm) is needed to detect its characteristic odor. Especially concentrations of about 400 ppm or more often cause death in more than 30 minutes and 1,000 ppm or more, certainly death within a few minutes. Chlorine gas also causes itching, suffocation, sternum pain, coughing, itchy eyes and mouth, watery eyes, excessive salivation. If severe infection may be headache, epigastric pain, vomiting, jaundice, even pulmonary edema.
- In addition, high concentration of chlorine in air is also one of the causes of acid rain. Vapors can be produced when bleach is mixed with urine, ammonia or other cleaning products. These gases include a mixture of chlorine gas and nitrogen trichloride; therefore it is necessary to avoid these combinations.
- Causing unpleasant odors: when near, in areas with a concentration of 0.1-3.23 mg / m3 chlorine has an odor; From 2.83 to 12.8m / 3 we will see very clear smell, over 8.3 - 32.9 mg / m3 you will feel very bad smell.
- Workers working in an environment with a concentration of 15mg / m3 for a long period of time may suffer tooth decay, so to ensure health we should only work in chlorine concentrations at 2.9 mg / m3.
- LETTER OF LETTER AND NOTICE OF BELLY NEW YEAR 2020 (17.01.2020)
- MEETING OF THE YEAR END PARTY (16.01.2020)
- VIETWATER EXHIBITION 2019 (18.11.2019)
- Harms of animal feed factory (12.09.2019)
- Method of treating odors with activated carbon (10.08.2019)
- TEAM BUILDING 2019 (18.07.2019)
- Harm of Nitrogen (17.06.2019)
- THE HARMFUL OF CROM FOR HUMAN HEALTH (07.06.2019)
- CAUSES OF BAD ODOR ARISING FROM WASTE WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM (22.05.2019)
- Heavy metals - Toxicity and pollution status (P2) (08.05.2019)