Biofiltration is a relatively new treatment for pollution. This is an attractive method for handling foul odors and low volatile organic compounds.
Main raw materials for biofilters:
The moist filter material layer facilitates the transfer of pollutants in the gas phase to the liquid phase and the biodegradation of these pollutants by the biofilm. Typical filter media is a collection of compost substrates, soil, bark, coconut shells, plastic materials, etc. The filter media typically lasts 5-7 years before being replaced.
The exhaust gas treatment system works on the principle of biological filtration which provides the environment for microorganisms to develop and decompose odors and harmful organic gases in the exhaust gas. The filtration system consists of a septic chamber that contains microorganisms and absorbs moisture, keeping them in layers of filter material. Filter materials are designed so that there is large water retention capacity, high durability and lower pressure of air flowing through it.
- The pollutants in the exhaust gas can be applied biotechnological treatment
- Odor substances: Styrene, Phenol, TCE (Trichloroethane)
- Volatile organic compounds VOCs: Amine, H2S, Methyl mercaptan, Esters, Ketones, Ammonia
Factors that influence the process of biodegradation of gas:
- Chemical composition and content of pollutants in waste gases
- Duration of stay
- PH control
- Filter materials
- Reducing pressure
Advantages and disadvantages of biodegradable treatment:
- Low cost, low operating cost, less chemical used
- Flexible design, easy to apply for all types of companies, enterprises
- Flexible in handling odors, volatile organic compounds and poisons
- High performance, greater than 90% with pollutant emissions
- Many types of filtration materials, microorganisms and operating conditions can be applied to meet the processing needs
- Decomposition of volatile organic compounds containing chlorine
- Biofiltration systems can not handle less absorbent and less biodegradable pollutants (eg, chlorinated organic compounds).
- Highly contaminated sources require large systems and large installed areas
- High levels of pollution will affect microorganisms
- The amount of time for microorganisms to adapt to the environment can last up to months.
- WHAT IS FRP MATERIAL? (16.10.2017)
- 5 OUTSTANDING ADVANTAGES OF FRP TANKS (24.10.2017)
- FILAMENT WINDING METHOD (16.10.2017)
- HAND LAY-UP METHOD (18.10.2017)
- UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT FRP COMPOSITE LINING/COATING (26.10.2017)
- GAS TREATMENT BY ADSORPTION METHOD (18.10.2017)
- AIR TREATMENT BY ABSORPTION METHOD (18.10.2017)
- WET SCRUBBER SYSTEM (28.10.2017)